Sunday, April 25, 2010

In the company of Boober..

When I was really little, my big sis had this rabbit. It had to have been the biggest rabbit ever seen... and for some reason, it thought it was a dog. Boober wasn't the rabbits original name, I don't believe... but my mother caused a change after a neighbor thought she was yelling out that she was in love with him.. as she was trying to call in the rabbit. (I did mention he thought he was a dog, right?) anyway, so boober was his name. It was something of a nasty-tempered rabbit to most.. except to me. boober and I were like the best of friends.. I'd tow him around in typical little kid fashion, lay on him, maul and bowl him over and he didn't seem to mind in the slightest. my brother couldn't even get close to him though, or boober would chase him... all teeth and claws. I am to this day, thankful that he was such a big rabbit, better able to withstand the abuse of little kidlett attention. He was, for a 4-footed sort, my bestest buddy for a time there. his demise came at the paws of a surprise dog pack ambush. I still miss him.

No comments: