Wednesday, August 25, 2010

An old yet new world

A familiar portal opened up a couple of days ago. I, being fairly wizened by now, to the possibilities.. left a marker so I could find my way back, and hopped through the portal. Happy surprises met me at first sight of the jungle trees and craggy hills.. with the sweet sound of surf and the whoosh of wind preceding a coming storm. I was in Timorous Deep! This was one of the first portals I ever got swept through!
This is the homeland of Rata! *I quickly looked around for him, but as usual, the sneaky critter was nowhere to be innocently found. Quite likely, he was holed up in his tree city of fairies. I quickly made a mental note to pay that area a visit soon.

The portal that brought me here was small really. much smaller then I remember. there were soo many limits! limits on race, on class, on bag space even! I couldn't chat out, couldn't send a mail, nor even buy something off the broker... and from the whispers around me, I suspect I might just have a problem concerning limits in magic power level as well. Not to mention, and yet I am, Crafting ~still~ sucks in this place)

One of the big upsides though, for me anyway.. is the straight-on ability to see this place once again! I can still travel around.. to see all of the other places as well.
(Means I can still twirl and sing down the streets of Quenos.. and slink and pray I don't get caught in the perpetual crampt and winding alleys of Freeport.)

Apparently this portal hasn't been in function for very long... maybe as early as last month. So hopefully the powers are still tweaking the do's and don't's... and not just hangin out in the item market. Go check it out!

Everquest 2 extended
http://launch.soe.com/eq2x/?sessionId=W9j4.o5EbJyCrvSw








No comments: