Sunday, March 13, 2011

Relief and Concern

Hey there..

After a short pause of held breath, finally i can breath a sigh of relief again. Got a visit from my sis, bro and his gf and weathered it alright, i suppose. had some laughs. it was really good hearing bro's voice more then anything.. not sure why that is. I just really liked listening to him. maybe it was because he was sober.. or somehow clearer.. or maybe it was just a reaffirmation. not sure.
It was, as always, great to hear my sister's laughter. and the gf fit in so well, I nearly forgot that she wasn't already family several times. is that somehow wrong? hmm. 'mom' didn't show up.. I was wondering in the back of my mind if I should have called her, but then, after hearing how my sis's thoughts about her were not that great, i guess it was good that i rethought it. Although, i kinda didn't want to leave her out... and still feel a bit badly about it. Maan, I miss them already!

And I am a little bit worried about distantly admired neighbors.. I heard they are having a really rough time with the shaky weather and results of a fire that wasn't put out by the torrent of water that followed. I heard all the noise and shoving was so bad, it moved their whole house by what was it?..about 8 feet?! Thats hard for me to imagine! I guess their place was prepared for such events really.. but still, it was worse then encountered before.. and I hope the fire is able to be safely put out before too many more suffer from it.

I hope our cicadas sing again this year like they did once in the past. somehow it made the heat of summer bearable... and I have missed their sound.

No comments: