Monday, September 07, 2015

Neverwinter

Hello, and welcome back to another exciting round of Find That Well-put-together "Free To Play" world. This time, the portal swirled into existence and dropped me off in the city of "Neverwinter". No, thats not "Neverwinter Nights"... but yes, it is the same city name. At first I managed to get totally lost in this sprawling city, located, i believe, on the side of a steep hill. Man, those steps were killer! Right away there was a lot to do and no help to be found anywhere, But eventually I blundered me way through, making like a certain silver-haired paladin being wild with a mace and shield.
I was thankful to eventually get a little assistance in the form of an over-eager-to-please healer I called Chance. But i dunno for just how long his usefulness will be to me. I even utilized a loaner horse for some of those longer trips outside the city.

(It's dark because the game seems to lack a screenie ability on my computer, so I had to pause the game to use a snipping tool, and pausing makes the game go all dark. Screenshot folder? nopesir, never found a single one listed anywhere on my win8 computer os in connection with this game. As you might be able to tell, the text commands under the lower bar, are teensy. far too small for my, by now, tired eyes to make out. You are unable to change those and your movement keys... and its totally not made for a lefty ... which I am. so.. left hand is needed on the mouse for fine control and right on the wasd keys... jump is on the space bar behind my right hand... no thumb on that side... makes jumping forward a little hard to do for me. They -really- need an in-game HELP just to show just what keys do what things, and particulars on just how to augment your gear and train the companion. Oh, and what the fleep is with the purple boxes requiring me to buy something, showing up in my rather limited inventory every-time I turn around?!)

Other then that though.. it's a lot of fun.. if you run out of quests.. or you need another level to get onto the next one, check out the 'foundry' quests located on the city billboards. The loot found in them is random for your level, as is the quest itself, but the stories.. of the ones I have so far tried, are quite good..



No comments: