Wednesday, January 04, 2006

This little mage went to Caul...

I got to quest this evening and I didn't die... both of which are very nice things to my way of thinking.. but thats where the 'good parts' ended. I was only going to go along on the first part as kind of a "fill-in" and let Indi take on the rest... but the group, it seems, were unwilling to wait. Considering the extreemly dangerous area I had to run through, I wish they had been willing to wait a bit.

This land we got the scroll for wasnt someplace I would be willing to travel to.. for any reason I can think of really. It was a nasty place filled with hundreds of very nasty high-level creatures strewn across the mountainous... blackened... landscape. ...every couple of feet.

I was nearly done in by this little flying lizard (that sounded much like it was calling me a queeksnart in a grouchy voice) as I beat feet past it, trailing after the group in a very serious panic of becoming lost on this entirely violent island. Then, just when I was given a small measure of comfort at seeing the portal to the dungeon, our destination, we had to jump across a slew of platforms with a make-it or start all over attitude. I am thankful I have been practicing my jumping skill of late, as I had great need of it.

So, now I have the recall scroll that Indi has been pining for and I am unable to give it to her as the ability to return to the horrid island has been 'attuned' to me only. -sigh- I am not looking forward to telling her the news.

No comments: