Thursday, September 21, 2006

God Bless America... America Bless God

The big event in Icewind Dale was something of a bust as we couldn't seem to get past the magical ice door no matter our eforts of killing nearly everything that moved within the temple, (and even a few things that didn't) and searching every nook and cranny over the length of several floors. So I was allowed to return to town and see if my transport back to Dereth had shown. It had not. It seems somewhere.. somehow, someone forgot to import the code needed to cause the needed pole to go active, so now there's another wait for someone to finally take the initive to activate the pole so I can return back to Dereth's shores.

On the other hand, I did manage to get a short message from Kita. she said something about a 'pet kitty' ravaging her room while she was away to town. Sounds like I'm going to need to purchase a sturdy lock for my own door! Maybe a few thick pieces of wood for a brace as well, if it's the 'kitty' type I'm thinking of... They grow rather large in Dereth.

In other news, I hear a fellow, rather famous for tangling with toothy crocs, had died of recient. Truely I am sorry to hear this. He was something of a marvel with how he delt with some of the more ferocious critters out there.. not with power-over-another attitude many seem to have in great abundance, but rather, with great respect for not only what the critters could do, but seemlingly, for what and who they were. Although, certainly, he didn't leave this realm within the jaws of the repiles he was famous for, at least he died doing what he loved and lived for.

And since I'm on the subject... This is also the aniversery of a horrible event I would hope would not be forgot anytime soon as it might serve as a reminder that our lives within the realm of the real world and especially here in America, is precious indeed. This country was brought together by admirable men and women with a solid belief in a Godly nation with freedom for its people. We can vote for changes, We have the rights and freedom to speak, publish, and assemble. ++
We, as well, have a basic right to exist.. Thousands of lives were lost in the span of a single crushing day, not in an accident or in a known 'war' where we knew the risks, but by the vile and low tactics of a hidden terrorist group across the sea. After the dust settled, and the silence rang on for a time, stun turned to outrage.. and outrage turned to reaction. No longer could we stand by and watch as our own people, our very lives, as well as everything we, as a country, stand for, be rolled over and crushed like that. Several song quotes says it well for me....

"From the sound up in Long Island out to San Francisco Bay And ev'ry thing that's in between them is our home. And we may have done a little bit of fighting amongst ourselves, But you outside people best leave us alone, Cause we'll all stick together and you can take that to the bank That's the cowboys and the hippies and the rebels and the yanks. You just go and lay your hand on a Pittsburgh Steeler fan, And I think you're gonna finally understand" -Charlie Daniels

"I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free, And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me, And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today,'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God Bless the U.S.A." -Lee Greenwood

"My country, 'tis of Thee, Sweet Land of Liberty Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died, Land of the pilgrims' pride, From every mountain side Let Freedom ring."
-Traditional

"O beautiful for spacious skies, For amber waves of grain, For purple mountain majesties Above the fruited plain. America! America! God shed His grace on thee, And crown thy good with brotherhood From sea to shining sea." -Traditional

"God Bless America. Land that I love Stand beside her, and guide her Thru the night with a light from above. From the mountains, to the prairies , To the oceans, white with foam. God bless America My home sweet home." -Irving Berlin


++ quick reference: 1st amendment
www.usconstitution.net/constquick.html

No comments: