Saturday, September 30, 2006

Portal Patched and Welcome Homecoming

I finally got back to Dereth a day or so ago. People are still working on the better portal connection thing.. but at least I was able to make it back in one whole piece.

The first thing I noticed was all the scratched up walls and such in the villa. It rather looked like a clawed tornado had gone about attempting to scour the walls.

Then Indy walked in, followed by the sweetest little bear-cat I think I have ever seen. It rompt about the room while she caught me up on many of the happenings gone on since my leave-taking, including the very nasty presence of shadow forms near the town of Arwic. I am told that the portal to tou-tou is just about blocked off by something red and black with 4 arms... something that nearly killed her when she got near the portal. Nearly killed Indy? Just for getting close to a portal that for a long time now, has been an easy route to tou-tou? I think, at one point or another all of us have used that portal. including several loaded down members of the household! And hear I thought that many-armed flying ugly Grael had finally been taken down...and apart! If so, what are those critters still doing at the tou-tou portal in Arwic?

Making a mental note to avoid that whole area, I went off to figure out where Indy got the pet. After running about for about a half-hour on errands of message dilivery, I finally got my own little pet. a mushroom like critter who, if nothing else, is quite good at keeping up with me. (somehow I think Indy and I should have traded, since she is soooo much faster a runner then I am.)

I then ran into a sweet somewhat smaller version of a friend of mine thought to have left for parts unknown some time ago. Seeing my cute swiftly moving pet, it was decided lil H. might also like one sooo, Off we went on the errend once more. (I'm starting to think I need to open a delivery service.) and a new bear-kitty was soon to be had.

Just the same. It's good to be back in Dereth again.

No comments: