Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sudden Memory-Clips 1

Every once in a while I seem to suddenly recall a snapshot of memory.. from when I lived beyond the shores of Dereth. Since I feel that these moments might be important to me or to someone as yet in my future, I'll recount them here.

I remember...

leaning over the side of a blue wagon and drooling icecream over it's side as I tried to somehow to keep it all together under the hot summer sun. ohh what a mess!

sitting in a 'covered' wagon, playing card games with my eldest sister, (was that hearts or steal-the-pack?) and wondering what was yet to come.

sitting on the bedroom floor playing stuffed animals with my big sister (not the same as my eldest sister) and whiling away hours and hours without the slightest notice.

skipping home in the early thaw. ahh springtime! ...pausing near a puddle of slushy ice-water and looking up the still somewhat snowy street at the houses nestled there along the side of the road. ..of delighting to see the now dead and smushed fall leaves being unveilled once more from under a snowbank. .. the wet sidewalks.. ..smelling the fresh and yet somehow earthy scent I always seemed to assosiate with the season. ..hearing the constant dripdripdrip of the snow melting off the trees and the cool sound of dribbling water. .. of smelling the rich scent of evergreen that I only ever seemed to notice so much at this time of the year. ...of taking my first leaps outside the door in my summer shorts and skidding out of control across the snow in my sandals. WeEeE!!!!

No comments: