Wednesday, June 17, 2009

got to do eet!!

umm.. hm.. ok.. its another one of those days for me... so many things to do.. and I don't actually want to do any of them.

Listening to:
general silence.. ticcing of the keyboard.
Reading: Naruto and Bleach.. still.
Current Show: ...Star Trek original series
Feeling: slightly bleh/headache/eye strain
Internet Tabs: Facebook, Rainy Days, Mabi-home, Gaia
Obsessing Over: mabi life-skills and the need for more ap.
Current Rant: the news and idiots who blame songs and video games as a cause for murder. games don't kill people.. it's people with a mental screw loose that kills people.

ok.. friends.. hmm... where to start.. maybe with a definition? *thinking*

there are people you have met, you know their face, maybe even their name.. but nothing more really. faces in the crowd.
there are acquaintances.. people you know a bit about.. maybe through another friend.. maybe through a company or a mutual interest.
there are fair-day friends.. people you know a bit about and like. you might chat or play.. and you like them, but they arnt someone you would turn to for even a slight problem.. since their reaction isn't likely something you could understand at the moment or are able to use in any way to help solve the issue.
there are friends.. people you know a fair amount of. you like them, you have some common ground. you can talk to eachother if there is a real need to.
there are good friends. people you know well. you talk all the time, chum around together quite a bit. people you can and do occasionally talk to about life's issues.
there is best friends.. people you know quite well...you chum, you chat, you play. you are buddies. you can talk to them about anything really. people you trust with your ups and downs...even if they might seem silly to others.
and top of the list.. true friends. these people mean the most. they have been with you through thick and thin.. still hanging in there after years have gone by. and you still talk. you are still close. as close as could be without wandering off into a 'love relationship', which is a whole different list.

I couldn't hope to name all the people I have met on the internet in actuality. too many. and many of them very cool people.

I once knew a guy I'll call Dinobite.. he and bara were the best of friends, and I was friends with them through an old online game. one day, seemingly out of the blue, dinobite lost his cool and decided he's had enough of friendship with either of us. He claimed he had too many friends anyway. this seriously affected both bara and me, since we thought ourselves counted as above the mark from the rest of the crowd concerning dinobite. bara in particular. was hit hard by it. he has been best of friends with dinobite for quite some time. they were, in a sense, inseparable. eventually though, we were forced to admit two things, one, the dinobite must have gone seriously yonkers.. and that he wasn't returning. Emotions I have concerning him: happy thoughts for the most part.. and saddness that he chose to leave us all so abruptly.

Now while I realize one can have the wrong kind of friends.. I do not believe one can have too many friends. friends, even online ones.. are worth knowing. even when you think they collectively got you running yourself ragged trying to stay up with them all. Just need to stay paced is all. a good friend will certainly understand if you say "I can't right now" once in awhile.


So of course, I heard those words again recently. This time from another friend of mine. Ruff, although a young kid as yet, is looking for a girlfriend in the game we play. he met this girl he likes, but she is shy and defensive. she said she doesn't know him well enough, that he is too young for her, and wants to be friends.
He yowls, saying he doesn't -want- a friend. he wants a gf! that he has too many friends already. and signs off. bleh I think he's trying too hard. emotions: basic happy thoughts.. and a bit of confusion.

Another I know.. Fire.. he's um.. well, there are those that like him.. and those that can't seem to stand him. now me, I've pretty much gotten along well with him. The guy has his points on both ends of the scale, to be sure. he's had moments where he has been unreasonable, determined and deadly... and for those he is against, this can be a very bad thing. On the other hand, there are times when he can be the sweetest most lovely and giving of persons, he smiles so easily and is such great fun to be around. I suppose thats what first really attracted me to him the first time I got to meet him... his sense of fun and joy. atm, I'd like to be his bathrobe. is that such a bad thing? lol! thoughts: the full gambit really.

speaking of a sense of fun.. there's also this fellow I met a bit ago now, Sirin. He had a great sense of what was fun. even when there was nothing really going on in the game we were in, he'd usually find some enjoyment. something that would cause me fits of giggles pretty much every time. He'd try hopping on top of npc noggins, he convinced a pirate to marry him, and bickered with the guild leader over the look of a chicken hat.

then I suppose it takes all types, doesnt it? I have a friend, Honda, who sweet though she is, is another who seems to think she has too many friends. but then, I suppose its for different reasons. a lot of her friends are always asking things of her or demanding at times.. and it has put strain on her heart. so of late, in spite of her usual bouncy self, she has gone all quiet. I kinda miss her skipping around me, giggling, whenever I got within her sight.

No comments: