Monday, June 15, 2015

Cgi love for the movies..

I have loved the idea of CGI realistic enough to fit in with a live action movie without missing a beat.. ever since I saw the opening scenes of the flying owl in labyrinth. Since that time, many movies have copied the style, improving amazingly as time goes on. seamlessly fitting into the live action so well the watcher barely notices, if at all, the differences between the two.
just look at the differences between the changes of the werewolf in American werewolf in London, to the changing werewolf in twilight, They're gasp-worthy!. and Movies are getting better and better in the 3d CGI use.. like LOTR and the hobbit past and present.

Tonight I watched a set of movies, Dracula untold, and Seventh Son. Such epic battles in both.. the flying bat/vampire descending on the army of the enemy and a showdown between the master and his apprentice and a whole collection of bad guys with special and spectacular powers. Or, as I'm reminded, the evil Chinese dragon in the night watchman. just... all of that is so fascinating to me!

Of course this then leads me from a fiery passion for many years now, to a lack of direction.. or is it willpower? to apply my passion to an occupation. Maybe its the realization of mortality catching up that has me despairing?
In my last semester, I took a class on 3d modeling. I loved it, but for the issues of getting the program to stay stable long enough to let me do what I wanted... which seemed fraught with freezes, crashes, and corruption booboos. I received compliments.. but didn't feel even close to the par of some of the students there with so much more experience and ease in getting the program to work for them. It was frustrating!
Now I sit here for the whole summer, half thinking I know more now then I did.. but still don't really know what to do with the knowledge.
I could perhaps find a way, as my confidence grows with experience, start with a digi children's book. I think I can still do that, once I can get all my scattered ducks back in a row.. which hasn't happened as yet. Its not animation, nor is it something over the current knowledge bar, but I think it could work... maybe. Just don't have a whole lot of confidence to make it happen. I will keep it in mind though... so it will happen, even if its just to finish the first one. Ive wasted the summer thus far...

No comments: