Friday, June 19, 2015

A brush-by with a vampire


I remember events o the past, as I am want to do when feeling a bit nostalgic. lol! I once said to a friend of mine, who thought I should write it all out in a book, that I would try to put fingers to keyboard and share a little here.

I remember meeting a vampire. Oh I know what yer thinkin... there is such a creature though. and the one I met was in a crowded hall of a convention. Yeah I know, haha.. just someone pretending etc.. you have any idea just how many times I have heard that one by now? There was nothing in physical that made this guy stand out in that hall to me, other then he was tall and had a stately carriage to him. but He spotted me at the end of the hall first. All the mental alarms went shrieking into life, and startled, I looked up from my aimless saunter down the hall to see his dark-eyed gaze and the slight bemusement haunting around his lips. Everything in me screamed to run away and yet it was all i could do to maintain a balance on my own feet, as he neared. He wasn't human. this was something I just 'knew' with every fiber of my being. there were others with him, i think, but i couldn't see them at the time. he too, seemed to know I was hovering being stiff stillness and outright flight, and i think it amused him. He had totally surprised and unnerved me within the span of a single thought and I suddenly broke and ran pell-mell for an open door. I really had just seen a vampire. I'm sure of it even to this day.
I have no idea what sort of vampire he was, but surely a dangerous one.

No comments: