Sunday, October 21, 2007

Take two, they are small.. but Significant

This is for a potential friend in something of a low unhappy funk.

I know you don't want to hear it, you probibly think you dont need anything at all. but It's nice to somehow to know the offer is there. At least it was to me.

You do have a friend in me if you want or need it. I can make a fairly nice sounding board for whatever you feel the need to share. (as long as I understand first that the sounding-out isn't about me.) or even just as a shoulder to lean on, or to hang around with. Even if it is only 'virtual.'

All I ask is that you remember.. in order to make a good friend, you must first be one. My hand is out there for you to take... but you still need to actually take it.

You Never Know
Author Unknown

You never know when someone
May catch a dream from you.
You never know when a little word,
Or something you may do
May open up a window
Of the mind that seeks the light
The way you live may not matter at all...
But you never know - it might.

And just in case it could be
That another's life through you.
Might possibly change for the better
With a broader brighter view.
It seems it might be worth a try
At pointing the way to the right.
Of course, it may not matter at all,
But then again it might.

The Greatest Pain In Life

The greatest pain in life
is not to die,
but to be ignored.
To lose the person you love so much
to another who doesn't care at all.
To have someone you care so about so much throw a party...
and not tell you about it.
When your favorite person on earth
neglects to invite you to his graduation.
To have people think that you don't care.

The greatest pain in life,
is not to die,
but to be forgotten.
To be left in the dust after another's great achievement.
To never get a call from a friend,
just saying "hi".
When you show someone your innermost thoughts
and they laugh in your face.
For friends to always be
too busy to console you
when you need someone to lift your spirits.
When it seems like the only person who cares about you,
is you.

Life is full of pain,
but does it ever get better?
Will people ever care about each other,
and make time for those who are in need?
Each of us has a part to play
in this great show we call life.
Each of us has a duty to mankind
to tell our friends we love them.
If you do not care about your friends
you will not be punished.
You will simply be ignored...
forgotten...
as you have done to others.

It was said, that this poem had been writen by a young girl who commited suicide. It speaks of a lot of sadness and lonelyness, doesnt it? Would anything have turned out differently for her if someone had given her a bit of unconditional love, care, and attention?
Just as a smile, given to someone you pass by on the street, might make thier whole day a bit nicer... so too, having friendship.. -a real friendship-, friends who care somthing about eachother, could make all the difference in the world to someone in silent need... just as the author of this poem was.

I had an internet friend commit very real suicide one day when I was saddly stuck offline right about this time of the year. He ment a great deal to me, perhaps, more then even I realized. We would often play Starcraft together with another friend. Since he has gone, I have lost much of my taste in this game I once loved beyond all others. I cannot even seem to do much more then look at it on occation, even now. In one way, I feel a bit guilty, perhaps if I had been able to be there when he most... when he -had- to speak with someone. Perhaps if we had been closer friends somehow... perhaps.. perhaps... I don't know what the answers might be. I do feel he is truely gone though. and it has once again, reminded me just how important friendship can really be.

None of us are truely alone. Someone somewhere really -does- care something about you in this world. It is a selflessly offered sort of love and honest concern for who you really are. It is not unhealthy, or for pretend or even simply 'convenient'. and it can be found.. even across this wide web.
Be thankful for that which you have in your life. the good things, and the things that made you grow. Where would you be now if you didn't have them, things like family, friends, and hot shower water?
Be thankful for your friends and smile a little bit. life really isn't as bad as you might think. Truely, I have been there.. and am constantly revisiting, it seems. If nothing else, take this as a piece of wisdom from me to you. Think on it a bit. It really is important.


"Don't go, Because you have been down there before, Neo. You know that road...and you know exactly where it ends." Trinity in The Matrix

"Cause I been there, done that, learned what I should know,
Got the footprints on my T-shirt, got the bruises I can show."
Echo's Children/Cat Faber

"In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry, you make it double
Don't worry, be happy"
Bobby McFerrin

No comments: